Essentials Of Public Health 2nd Edition By Turnock – Test Bank
File: ch11, Chapter 11.
- Which of these best describes the role and duties of a health educator?
Plan, organize, direct, control, and coordinate health services, education, or policy
Apply biological, chemical, and public health principles to control, eliminate, ameliorate, and prevent health hazards
Investigate and describe the determinants and distribution of disease, disability, and other health outcomes
Promote, maintain, and improve individual and community health by assisting individuals and populations to adopt healthy lifestyles
- The number of medical and health services managers working in government agencies in the US is closest to which of the following?
- The median salary for health educators working in government agencies in the US is closest to which of the following?
- Which of the following essential public health services is least likely to be included in a health educator’s practice profile?
- informing, educating, and empowering people about health issues
- mobilizing community partnerships to solve community health problems
- enforcing laws and regulations
- assuring a competent health workforce
5. Which of these professional organizations is most closely associated with public health educators?
- Which of these public health-related occupations is included in the US Bureau of Labor Statistics’ Standard Occupational Categories?
- training officer
- community outreach coordinator
- commissioner of health
- health educator
- What percentage of US local health departments employs health educators?
- 75% or more
- Which of these entities has published competencies specifically for health educators?
True or False
- Health educators rank among the three largest categories of public health workers based on surveys of the local public health workforce?
- The American Public Health Association (APHA) has a membership section that targets public health managers.