Health Psychology A Biopsychosocial Approach 5th Edition By Straub – Test Bank
1. The main difference between benign and malignant tumors is:
A) malignant cells grow rapidly and can invade surrounding tissues.
B) the ability of benign tumors to metastasize.
C) benign tumors attack any tissue in the body.
D) the pain that accompanies the growth of a malignant tumor.
2. Metastasis refers to:
A) the growth rate of benign tumors.
B) the spread of malignancy from one part of the body to another.
C) a type of skin cancer.
D) an individual’s overall risk profile for developing any form of cancer.
3. The most common type of cancer is:
4. The most common type of cancer in the United States is:
C) lung cancer.
D) skin cancer.
5. Sarcomas are malignancies involving:
A) the epithelial cells.
B) cells in muscles, bones, and cartilage.
C) the lymphatic system.
D) the blood and blood-forming tissues.
6. ______ is the cancer of the lymphatic system in which malignant cells are found at several sites.
C) Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma
7. Cancers that attack the blood and bone marrow are classified as:
8. Lung cancer is at the top of cancer mortality for:
C) both men and women.
D) neither men nor women.
9. Among American men, ______ have the highest incidence rates for cancer overall.
D) Native Americans
10. White American women are ______ likely to develop breast cancer than African-American women and ______ likely to die of the disease.
A) more; more
B) less; less
C) more; less
D) less; more