Information Systems For Business An Experiential Approach 1st Edition By Craig Van – Test Bank
Chapter 11: Information-Based Business Process
1. What is a series of steps or tasks required to achieve a specific goal?
a. Process (ref 11-4)
2. What concept is a key characteristic of processes?
a. “All or nothing” (ref 11-4)
c. Customer relationships
d. Enterprise resource
e. Process model
3. Processes often extend across many ______________ boundaries.
c. organizational (ref 11-4)
4. Sara just began working for a new company and her boss has given her a flow chart to study so that she can better understand the processes of the organization. What function has the organization completed to have such a chart?
b. Process modeling (ref 11-5)
d. Gantt chart
5. The bottom line of process modeling is to :
a. understand the various processes that occur at different levels (ref 11-6)
b. use front office systems to track processes
c. develop network infrastructure
d. identify file management systems
e. connect to influential people that can advise strategic plans
6. A process model should be _____________.
c. descriptive (ref 11-7)
7. A process model does not have to be used for descriptive purposes, it can also be ______________.
a. explanatory (ref 11-7)
8. Which of the following is not one of the tools process modeling languages?
a. Traditional process modeling languages
b. Object-oriented languages
c. Dynamic process modeling languages
d. Process integration languages
e. Hypertext markup languages (ref 11-8)
9. With regards to process improvement, once business processes are properly modeled, they can be ______________.
a. analyzed (ref 11-10)
10. Business process improvement is an important goal for managers and is often called _________________.
a. Business Process Reengineering (ref 11-10)
d. Enterprise Resource Management
e. Supply Chain Management