Interpersonal Communication 1st Edition by Teri Kwal Gamble – Test Bank
Chapter 11: Conflict
1. Benefits of functional orientation of conflict include all of the following except:
A) Willingness to listen to opposing views
B) Openness to changing behaviors
C) Not accepting differences in others
D) They do not damage relationships
2. This behavior occurs when one saves all complaints and brings them all up in one conversation.
3. Which conflict-management style attempts to find the middle ground and work toward it?
4. Conflict is apt to develop because we don’t like to feel compelled to do something we do not want to do. This is an example of what type of conflict-generating behavior?
A) Preemptive striking
D) None of the above
5. A conflict can result from which of the following except:
A) Real differences
6. This conflict occurs when one or both of the parties fail to perceive that you actually agree.
A) Content conflict
C) Value conflict
D) Ego conflict
7. In this type of conflict, one party often aims to harm or at least seriously debilitate the other.
8. Blake and Mouton create this grid to determine conflict behavior and how people resolve conflict.
A) Conflict resolution
B) Conflict management
C) Conflict solutions
D) Conflict values
9. Because they believe conflict should be avoided in favor of harmony, those with accommodative styles are __________________.
10. In ___________ _____________, the parties to the conflict are the characters and the conflict is the plot.
A) Reality TV
B) DESC Script
C) Role reversal
D) Accommodating theory