Fill in the Blank
290. The two most common causes for sensorineural hearing loss in adult patients are______________________ and ____________________ .
291. An insect in the ear canal of a small child could be referred to as a ___________ object.
292. The term for an infection is the external ear canal is _________________.
293. Constriction or narrowing of the external ear canal is called _________________
294. The terms osteosis or exostoses refer to ______________ growths in the external ear canal.
295. Another word for a growth or tumor is a ____________________.
296. A common factor in the development of middle ear disorders in children is _________________ tube dysfunction.
297. ____________ is the term used to describe an infection in the middle ear space.
298. Fluid in the middle ear space is called otitis media with ________________.
299. A common surgical treatment of otitis media is insertion of _____________________ tubes into the tympanic membranes.
300. A _________________ is a growth of skin, a cyst, in the middle ear space.
301. A disease characterized by fixation of the ossicular chain is ________________.
302. Disarticulation of the ossicular chain is usually caused by ________.
303. Two general categories of genetically determined hearing loss are autosomal __________________ and autosomal ____________________ .
304. The term used for the period around birth is ______________________ .
305. Medical problems causing a reduction of necessary amounts of oxygen and blood to the ear and brain are referred to as ___________ and ___________ events.
306. Gentamyin is an example of an _________________________ antibiotic.
307. The drug furosemide or Lasix is known as a loop ____________________.
308. Certain chemicals called _____________________ can protect the ear against the damaging effects of free radicals in noise-induced hearing loss.
309. TTS and PTS stand for ________ and __________, respectively.
310. A hearing that occurs suddenly without a known etiology is called ________.