Management Occupation Health And Safety 5th Edition by Kevin Kelloway – Test Bank
Chapter 11-Emergency Planning
1. According to a recent study, how many stages are there in a crisis management process?
2. What elements are necessary in the management of emergencies?
a. a fire plan and an evacuation plan
c. a pandemic plan
d. an employee assistance program
3. What does an organization emergency plan require?
a. a hazard evaluation
b. an emergency response plan
c. an informal response system
d. a and b
4. Which hazards must human resource and safety professionals evaluate to manage emergency situations?
a. those that could cause an emergency
b. those that occur frequently
c. those that have minor alternative solutions
d. those that cannot be avoided
REF: p. 282
5. Emergency preparedness consists of all of the following EXCEPT which one?
a. preparing an emergency response plan
b. designating and training those responsible for implementation of the emergency plan
c. controlling a fire once started
d. communicating plans to employees
6. The fire tetrahedron or triangle model shows which of the following elements?
a. fuel, oxygen, and carbon dioxide
b. fuel, oxygen, and heat
c. carbon dioxide, nitrogen, and heat
d. heat, air, and carbon dioxide
7. What are hazardous byproducts of fire?
a. gases, heat, and smoke
b. gases, flame, carbon cyanide, and carbon sulphide
c. carbon sulphide and hydrogen monoxide
d. hydrogen monoxide and sulphur
8. An organization is concerned with structural design, barriers, detection and suppression and storage. What plan or program is the organization developing?
a. An emergency plan
b. A pandemic plan
c. An evacuation plan
d. A fire prevention program
9. Which of the following statements would be a good procedure for a chemical spill?
a. Immediately exit the area without taking action.
b. Isolate the area around the spill.
c. Contact authorities for all chemical spills no matter what the size.
d. Always assist those who are injured.
10. What does emergency planning involve?
a. anticipating and planning for emergencies
b. a fire prevention plan
c. a medical attention plan
d. focusing on what actions have worked in the past