Memmlers The Human Body in Health and Disease, 12th Edition Barbara Janson Cohen – Test Bank
1. The muscle that regulates the size of the pupil is the ____________.
2. The jellylike material that fills the eyeball is called the ___________.
3. The transparent portion of the sclera that covers the anterior of the eye is the ___________.
4. The fluid that fills the space anterior to the lens is the _____________.
5. The tunic of the eye that contains photoreceptors is the ______________.
6. The membrane that lines the eyelid is the ______________.
7. The bending of light rays as they pass through the eye is called _____________.
8. The cranial nerve that carries visual impulses from the retina to the brain is the ____________.
9. Visual impulses are transmitted from the retina to the cortex of the ___________ lobe.
10. The ear ossicle that is in contact with the oval window is the ________________.
11. The three small bones of the middle ear are collectively called the ________________.
12. The external part of the ear is called the _______________.
2. vitreous body
4. aqueous humor
8. optic nerve
12. pinna or auricle