Prescotts Microbiology 10th Edition By Willey Sherwood Woolverton – Test Bank
Multiple Choice Questions
- The net gain of ATP per molecule of glucose metabolized anaerobically via the Embden-Meyerhof pathway in prokaryotes is
11. The net gain of ATP per molecule of glucose metabolized to pyruvate using Entner-Doudoroff pathway is
- The pentose phosphate pathway produces
C. glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate.
D. All of the choices are correct.
- The synthesis of ATP from ADP and Pi, when coupled with an exergonic chemical reaction is called __________ phosphorylation.
D. conformational change
- The most common pathway for conversion of glucose to pyruvate is
B. Pentose phosphate.
D. mixed acid fermentation.
15. The TCA cycle generates all of the following from each acetyl-CoA molecule oxidized except
A. three NADH molecules.
B. two CO2 molecules.
C. one FADH2 molecule.
D. two ATP or GTP molecules.
- The pyruvate dehydrogenase complex oxidizes and cleaves pyruvate to form one CO2 and
B. isocitric acid.