Principles Of Management And Leadership 1st Edition By Satterlee – Test Bank
1. Gives customers direct access to merchandise throughout the store.
a. Grid pattern
b. Free-flow pattern
c. *Self-service layout
d. Product layout
2. When planning an effective global business strategy, a company should consider the fundamental issues that drive production level output.
3. Which of the following is NOT a strategic capability to necessitate the development of a global operations strategy?
a. Global-scale efficiency and competitiveness
b. *Competition on Quality and Price
c. National-level responsiveness and flexibility
d. Cross-market capacity to leverage on a worldwide basis
4. various versions of products manufactured and distributed by a company
c. Product on Service
5. The key components in successful operations management are efficiency and effectiveness.
6. In _______________ capacity is measured in terms of the total number of customers that can be served in a given amount of time.
a. Production-oriented firms
b. Production level output
c. Service-level output
d. *Service-oriented firms
7. Allows a producer to adapt its products to a particular group of consumers.
b. Continuous improvement
d. Mass customization
8. __________ is the proximity the site has to the organization’s largest customer base and suppliers.
a. Production level output
b. *Facility location decision
c. Location resources
9. All of the following are capacity issues except
a. Facilities location
b. Location resources
c. *Production requirements
d. Organizational structure
10. The term logistics refers to the movement of finished products, semi-finished products, components, and materials between various locations.