Principles Of Neuropsychology 2nd Edition By Eric A. Zillmer – Test Bank
Chapter 11–Learning and Neuropsychiatric Disorders of Childhood Key
1. ____________________ refers to the application of rules for translating letters and letter sequences into their corresponding speech-sound equivalents.
2. ____________________ is the ability to understand the operation of one’s own cognitive processes.
3. An individual who fails to understand the social and emotional content of speech could have an impairment in the ____________________ of language.
4. An individual who repeats a word, words, or phrases over and over is demonstrating the clinical characteristic of ____________________.
5. ____________________, or “mentalism,” refers to the ability to infer mental states of others.
Theory of mind or
6. ____________________ governs the reuptake of dopamine into the neuron.
Dopamine transporter gene or
7. The three frontal-basal ganglia circuits believed to mediate higher-order behavior are dorsolateral, lateral orbitofrontal, and ____________________.
8. In the study of children with ADHD and those with hydrocephalus, Brewer and Associates (2001) determined that the group with ADHD demonstrated weaknesses in the ____________________.
anterior attention system
9. Barkley proposes a(n) ____________________ model of ADHD.
10. ____________________ are repetitive, stereotypic, nonrhythmic, and reoccurring motor or vocal responses.
11. Tic behaviors involving obscene or inappropriate speech is referred to as ____________________.