Burton’s Microbiology For The Health Sciences 9th Edition By Paul – Test Bank
1. Which of the following terms best describes chlamydial genital infection in the United States?
A) arthropodborne disease
B) epidemic disease
C) pandemic disease
D) sporadic disease
2. Which of the following are considered reservoirs of infection?
B) contaminated food and drinking water
C) rabid animals
D) all of the above
3. The most common nationally notifiable infectious disease in the United States is:
A) chlamydial genital infections.
C) the common cold.
4. Which of the following arthropods is the vector of Lyme disease?
5. The most common zoonotic disease in the United States is:
A) Lyme disease.
D) Rocky Mountain spotted fever.
6. Which one of the following organisms in not one of the four most likely potential biologic warfare or bioterrorism agents?
A) Bacillus anthracis
B) Ebola virus
C) Variola major
D) Yersinia pestis
7. All of the following are major steps in the treatment of a community’s drinking water except:
8. The largest waterborne epidemic ever to occur in the United States occurred in which of the following cities?
B) Los Angeles
D) New York City
9. Typhoid fever is caused by a species of:
10. Which of the following associations is incorrect?
D) Rocky Mountain spotted fever…mite