“Modern Dental Assisting” is a comprehensive textbook written by Doni L. Bird, a leading expert in dental assisting, which provides students with the essential knowledge and skills necessary to succeed as dental assistants. The 10th edition of this book, published in 2020, offers updated and expanded content that covers the latest advancements in dental materials, equipment, and techniques.
Table of COntent:
- Comprehensive coverage
- Concise chapters
- Illustrations and photographs show procedures, equipment, and instruments.
- Illustrated, step-by-step procedures
- Expanded Functions procedures boxes
- Procedure icons
- Key terms
- Critical thinking questions
- Learning and performance outcomes
- Summary tables and boxes make it easy to review key concepts and procedures.
- Recall boxes appear after sections of text and include questions to ensure that you understand the material.
- CDC boxes cite the latest recommendations for infection control and summarize regulations.
- Eye to the Future boxes introduces cutting-edge research, future trends, and topics.
- Legal and Ethical Implications boxes
- Patient Education boxes summarize content within the context of patient education take-away points.
- A glossary
- The Interactive Dental Office program
- Canadian Content Corner on the Evolve site highlights Canadian-specific dental information.
- A student workbook.
- Digital imaging, implant dentistry, sleep dentistry, dental materials, the electronic patient record, HIPAA laws, and implications, stem cell research, and caries prevention.
- Expanded information
- Patient’s oximetry and ECG
- Current products and equipment.
- Procedure exercises e.
- A companion DVD features
- Online practice CDA examination mimics
Written by Doni Bird and Debbie Robinson, two well-known and well-respected dental assisting educators.”